|
katharismós
wennaaa.bs
|
|
homesick for God's presence
Friday, October 30, 2015
I bet you've experienced feeling homesick before. Be it camps, overseas trips, or even school (let's face it). But have you experienced feeling homesick for the presence of God? It may sound bizarre to you right now, but I believe (so) that I have experienced this before. I remember being really homesick one day but the moment I stepped into my own home, you would expect yourself to be relieved and happy that you're back in the place you're most comfortable right? I wasn't. The homesickness didn't leave me which was really strange to me. Looking back now, I believe my spirit was missing the presence of God. It's really important for our spirit to get in touch with our Father who feeds our spirit with the word. Yes, we can get homesick. But are we heaven-sick? Are we craving for the presence of God that shows us glimpses of what it's like in heaven? Are we truly hungry for more? Don't get comfortable with material things. Start getting comfortable with change. Ask God to reveal His heart to you, and it will be a wild ride. I'm sure God will bring change into your life (just as He has for mine), and don't reject change. Embrace the things God bring along your way, and He will bring you on a journey of discovery. A journey that reveals the wonderful God He is to you, His precious child. Such a rare night I get to sleep early. Decided to type this post before I head for bed. Submitted 6 assignments today yay, one more left to go. God has been good to me, He really helped me in staying up to rush my assignments, providing me ideas for my assignments as well. Thank you my Abba Father, my spirit wishes you would pour out Your heart to Your people (and myself). Everything I do, I do it for you. Posted by wen xin at 12:53 AM
|