katharismós
wennaaa.bs
Profile
Wen Xin,
DMNCHOIR.
12S414, MJC.
UniSIM, Finance

“I may not be where I want to be but I'm thankful for not being where I used to be.” ― Habeeb Akande

Contact: Email
Blog Archives

Affiliates
sixSeven'07
oneB'08
SHPS Choir
DMN Choir
Amri
Bibi
Brenda
Claudia
Dexter
Emmeline
Esther
Hannah
Hui Ting
HweeSze
Isabel
Iris
Jasmine
Jeanette
Jeslyn
Jing Han
Judaxil
Jun An
Kai Lin
Kevin
Kodi
Lisa
Luke
Marie
Maureen
Min Hua
Nisya
Paul MJ
Pearlyn
Pei Kheng
Qinghui
Qian Ni
Roxanne
Ru Wei
Sandra
Sera
Teresa
Timmy
Trena
Tricia
Varlin
Victoria
Yanshen
Yenping
Yi Ai
Yiling
Yue Shan
Zi Jian
Getting Ahead
- Discovering my purpose.
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you." - Psalm 32:8
Extras
Layout: Victoria/hokairotciv
Have yourself a merry little christmas
Monday, December 28, 2015

I was actually typing a post before Christmas, but turns out I was too tired to continue and post it (hence the title). So here I am, posting in between Christmas and the New Year!

I was still exclaiming how excited I was to have a half day off on Christmas Eve and off on Christmas. I know you must be thinking, 'What kind of good news is that?' Can I just say that I'm feeling like a full time staff in AIA? That's the power of a staff pass, the weight it puts on your shoulders when you get access into buildings hur hur. But Christmas week was so special for me. Firstly, I came into work on Tuesday last week to find a Christmas present on my tiny desk (it's the smallest desk in the entire level) from my colleague seated beside me. Right after, another colleague handed me a present too, it was a staff pass holder. I guess she knew I had just received my staff pass not long ago. Honestly, I was really so touched by their gesture. I was only there for about 2 odd weeks, and I really didn't expect to receive anything. That really brought a huge smile on my face and a joy in my heart that I haven't felt in such a long while..  :')

Secondly, I'm grateful for the presents showered upon me! I really LOVE Christmas. LOVE LOVE. There's a reason why I've been listening to Christmas songs since May, and I'm actually still listening to it now heh. Christmas songs bring a hope and a lightness into my heart, like a feather that lifts my worries away for a moment. So addictive! Especially Pentatonix's 'That's Christmas To Me' album. Acapella and Christmas songs = dayum. Okay so back to Christmas presents, like what I wrote in my Instagram post - my brother is really too sweet. The fact that he took the trouble to transport back such a bulky waffle maker (it's a commercial kind) to surprise me, I'm just so thankful. He's the best bro :-)

Thirdly, I love it that I was given so many books to read. 4 books to occupy my time, well I'm still at a book that Kent bought for me months ago. Slowly.. but surely I'll finish it. :) I'm taking the time I have at work as a period to draw closer to God as I do mindless work. My one sermon a day has been going strong! Been blessed by sermons from The Edge podcast, there are really anointed speakers there. Anyway, after working office hours instead of odd hours for the past year, I truly understand the pain and struggles of having insufficient me-time. The whole ruckus about work-life balance is ultimately how you plan your time and the number one rule is: Don't over-pack your week. It's not healthy to always be busy, there must be time for home ministry too.

Now that 2016 is approaching (OLYMPICS OH YEAH), what's your New Year's resolution?
Posted by wen xin at 11:23 PM