|
katharismós
wennaaa.bs
|
|
The dawn of a new season
Friday, January 1, 2016
Today marks the first day of 2016, and it's the end of Singapore's Golden Jubilee. Looking back at 2015, my heart is full though with a slight touch of anguish. Times when I felt I could've done better, but yet times when I've been delivered by people sent my way. So much to remember about 2015 indeed - Dunman Limelight Concert @ The Esplanade, being part of my sister's wedding proposal, Mr Lee Kuan Yew's passing, starting a new season in choral singing with Raffles Choir and one milestone recently achieved: Being able to finally let go of my past and to look forward.
I'm excited for what is to come this year. The dawn of a new year, new adventures to embark on right? Right now, I'm really thankful that I've gotten this chance to work at AIA. Somehow, it's given me time to learn about God's word probably even more than if I didn't work. My new year's resolution is to read the bible in a year. I've just got to do it man, it's my personal conviction and I'm so excited that I have an accountability partner on this bible plan. Can't wait to do bible study and do life with this dear sister :)
Another milestone that I'm looking forward to is MAIOR happening in March, I'll be performing with Raffles Choir and an orchestra at The Esplanade. It's my first season with them, getting the opportunity to perform with an orchestra to the pieces of Beethoven and other classics? It's mind blowing. Can't wait to perform alongside these powerhouses, it's an incredible honour.
I'm hoping for more breakthroughs spiritually and in my personal growth in 2016. Not gonna belittle my life anymore but I'm gonna love it and live it out to the best I can. It's my time, and I'm going to run to the fight. No more being a spectator, no more letting others decide what destiny I should have. Lord, grant me strength and let me heed wherever you call me to. My life is not my own, but yours. Use it.
Posted by wen xin at 9:35 PM
|