|
katharismós
wennaaa.bs
|
|
Jeonju day #1-3
Saturday, June 25, 2016
Day #3
We decided to be a little more adventurous and went out of the Hanok Village into the city area to the Jeonju zoo and theme park inside. I've read reviews online about how the zoo is one of the saddest zoos in the world, and I finally know why. It's the epitome of animal abuse probably.. I cannot imagine myself in a closed enclosure, living in an empty space for years. On the other hand, we got distracted by the theme park and we were a kid along with the rest of the families there hurhur. I nearly died in the Viking, wah it went up so high my heart dropped every swing. Jelly jelly were my legs, rested for 10 minutes after that cos I couldn't walk.
Had one of the best bibimbaps in Jeonju! It was really good, along with the side dishes. yummmmmm
Here's the full view of what I had.
At the zoo!
They have some really pretty flowers, which turns out to be the attraction point for me and XY. HAHA.
A wandering goat looking for food. Sorry we didn't buy any :(
Earlier this morning! Met some people wearing these traditional clothing. The guy on the extreme right obviously wasn't interested to take a photo with us.
Yesterday! Even their house corridors are so pretty. Flooring reminds me of Singapore hehehe.
Jeonju's Catholic Cathedral. Super pretty, reminds me so much of Europe. Loveeee it. Shall go for a service if time permits.
Okay, here comes all the street food at Jeonju!!
Baguette with a lot of ingredients inside. There's like a creamy sauce with meat, onions and other things. Reminds me of subway but nicer!
Strawberry mochi, it was alright.
The street food that I was most looking forward to: shrimp dumplings. It was big, but sadly cold. Not as nice as I would have expected.
Squid skewer with a sour sauce and dried fish flakes. Yumms!
Meatball skewers. It was hard to find a stall that opened early at 8 plus in the morning. It was good!
It was SO good. Their tofu was superb, tasted like egg. I wanna go back again!! The journey to jeonju was excruciating long, given the transit at Shanghai and then the 4 hour bus ride to Jeonju from Incheon. Total of 14 hours before we finally reached at night before we had our meal. The airbnb we got was comfy, a traditional house and it was quite a beauty. The best part? We found 6 cats and 5 kittens. Superrrr cute, although they were conveniently ignoring us. Nevertheless, the welcoming host and cosy room were more than enough for us. Had really good bibimbaps, I didn't know I love veg in korea so much HAHA. Shall update more next time! Gonna rest up before heading out for MORE FOOOOOOD :-) Posted by wen xin at 3:09 PM
|