katharismós
wennaaa.bs
Profile
Wen Xin,
DMNCHOIR.
12S414, MJC.
UniSIM, Finance

“I may not be where I want to be but I'm thankful for not being where I used to be.” ― Habeeb Akande

Contact: Email
Blog Archives

Affiliates
sixSeven'07
oneB'08
SHPS Choir
DMN Choir
Amri
Bibi
Brenda
Claudia
Dexter
Emmeline
Esther
Hannah
Hui Ting
HweeSze
Isabel
Iris
Jasmine
Jeanette
Jeslyn
Jing Han
Judaxil
Jun An
Kai Lin
Kevin
Kodi
Lisa
Luke
Marie
Maureen
Min Hua
Nisya
Paul MJ
Pearlyn
Pei Kheng
Qinghui
Qian Ni
Roxanne
Ru Wei
Sandra
Sera
Teresa
Timmy
Trena
Tricia
Varlin
Victoria
Yanshen
Yenping
Yi Ai
Yiling
Yue Shan
Zi Jian
Getting Ahead
- Discovering my purpose.
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you." - Psalm 32:8
Extras
Layout: Victoria/hokairotciv
Olympic geek
Wednesday, August 17, 2016

I never knew how much of an Olympic geek I was until Rio 2016. (*correction: I knew I was already pretty crazy about Olympics in London 2012, just not to this extent?!) I would wake up at 4am to watch games or check results, every time I watch a game with Singapore in it my heart is pounding out of my chest in anxiety, hopeful we will win the opponent. I get totally invested and my emotions are at an all-time high. The points go back and forth and I'll scream whenever we would lead and sigh in despair whenever we lost the lead. Literally an emotional roller coaster in a matter of minutes.

I LOVE watching Olympics. It's my favourite event ever and I'm always looking forward to the next Olympics. It took me so long from Beijing 2008 to London 2012 to Rio 2016, just to see the people best at their sport fighting out to get out on top. My absolute favourite events are diving (duh), gymnastics (more of artistic), synchronized swimming, table tennis, swimming and running. The past two weeks I've been glued to my tv, on toggle, and even streaming table tennis live whilst having my night class. I'm pretty crazy like that.

Athletes I'm a HUGE fan for in these events:
Diving - Tom Daley (just being biased, hey he's good but not the best), Qiu Bo, David Boudia
Artistic Gymnastics - Simone Biles, Aliya Mustafina, Aly Raisman, Viktoria Komova (too bad she's retiring I LOVE her grace)
Synchronized swimming - Russians (no one can beat them, brilliant team)
Table Tennis - China, Japan, North Korea, our very own Singapore (watching the match just awhile ago made me moody cos we lost and I so badly wanted us to come away with a bronze. But props to Japan for a good fight)
Swimming - Michael Phelps (now changed to our very own Joseph Schooling)
Running - Usain Bolt (of course)

Table tennis that just ended, I just wanna say that I'm still really proud of Team Singapore even though we lost. I'm always a huge fan of yours, no matter what rank we place. The fact you're representing us on the world stage is a huge feat in itself. Thank you for your hard work and determination 😢 I love this country, always will. 

Events left: 10m platform men's diving event, 200m run, gymnastics floor finals (I think), synchronized swimming team event.

Time to keep my eyes glued to the tv. GO TOM DALEY!

Love, your supporter of 8-9 years.
Posted by wen xin at 1:06 AM