katharismós
wennaaa.bs
Profile
Wen Xin,
DMNCHOIR.
12S414, MJC.
UniSIM, Finance

“I may not be where I want to be but I'm thankful for not being where I used to be.” ― Habeeb Akande

Contact: Email
Blog Archives

Affiliates
sixSeven'07
oneB'08
SHPS Choir
DMN Choir
Amri
Bibi
Brenda
Claudia
Dexter
Emmeline
Esther
Hannah
Hui Ting
HweeSze
Isabel
Iris
Jasmine
Jeanette
Jeslyn
Jing Han
Judaxil
Jun An
Kai Lin
Kevin
Kodi
Lisa
Luke
Marie
Maureen
Min Hua
Nisya
Paul MJ
Pearlyn
Pei Kheng
Qinghui
Qian Ni
Roxanne
Ru Wei
Sandra
Sera
Teresa
Timmy
Trena
Tricia
Varlin
Victoria
Yanshen
Yenping
Yi Ai
Yiling
Yue Shan
Zi Jian
Getting Ahead
- Discovering my purpose.
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you." - Psalm 32:8
Extras
Layout: Victoria/hokairotciv
christmas eve
Saturday, December 24, 2016

It's christmas eve!! Which means it's closer to the end of yet another year. How fast is time flying by?! Seemed not too long ago that 2016 started, and look hey we are gonna welcome 2017 already. Haven't really updated this space cos internship has started and my nights have just been 😴😴. My body can't seem to hold out till midnight before I crash. It's pouring right now, but I'm absolutely loving the christmas spirit. (Did I mention that my Christmas playlist started since 2016 began hehe)

Internship has been well, having friendly people around does brighten my mood up although work is mundane and extremelyyy repetitive. It's all good though, I'm truly enjoying my time so far in ocbc. There's still this touch of regret not waiting for citibank or going for another interview with stanchart but to work with friends is a big privilege. I had no idea that ocbc was hiring all ladies, cos I found out that many guys with gpa higher than mine applied but did not get it. Shocker. I guess I'm a little guilty feeling that ocbc was so easy to get, but I'm so thankful I got the call. The most exciting time of the day is always lunch. Lunch in raffles place is unlike any other. It's like a huge cafeteria for all the office people, resembling like an academy of working adults. You can hardly find a place to sit and there's always tissue paper, name cards or umbrella to chope the seats. There's a lot of fish soup places around that are pretty good! Love a good fish soup. BUT, it's so sad that Eskimo closed down!! I was so looking forward to getting a good cup of milk tea but nope, the only outlet left seems to be the marina outlet. :(

Obviously it's like my freedom has been taken away and I don't have much me time, but I'm glad I still do have time to squeeze in a little baking now and then. A friend requested for a Christina tosi's birthday cake and this is my attempt:

Not exactly the cleanest sides but hey, her version wasn't exactly had the cleanest sides too heh.

After the whole chaos with my two tier cake falling apart in the taxi that left me just so traumatized (for the second time), I'm just SO thankful that this cake reached to its destination safely. As I quote myself (HAHA), "the success of a cake is not determined by how it looks when it's done, but whether it reaches its destination in one piece". I really pray and hope that they like it - it's a birthday cake/christmas cake!

Oh talking about the failed cake which was for dnd, I've finally graduated from youth. So surreal for sure cos it means that I'm getting older, but I'm also excited for what is to come. Some photos:
Chapter 29!

RIC! They made me such a sweet card, so touched 😢
The dnd cake which was supposed to be a galaxy themed cake.

Ah well. Writing my christmas cards now with hot chocolate for the cold weather (act one atas only), can't wait for christmas tmr and I thank God for the long weekend!! Never appreciated public holidays this much ever since I started working 😪
Posted by wen xin at 7:45 PM