|
katharismós
wennaaa.bs
|
|
the start of forever
Sunday, July 15, 2018
It's already mid-July. I've started work for 1.5 weeks. Time has been passing pretty fast aye. So far, I've been adjusting well to the environment and the colleagues. The transition from study to work hasn't been too drastic for me - which I'm thankful for because I technically stopped work only in Feb this year. So it seemed more like a 4 month break before going back to grind and it isn't too difficult to get back into the groove. But definitely, the annoying part now is having to wait for all my system accesses to be up before I can start work proper. Excluding that, work's been good at the moment. Adulting has officially begun. Soon I'll have bills/insurance to pay, repayment of education loan and blah blah blah... it's fun and slightly nerve-wrecking. I'm happy to say that I've no withdrawal symptoms - the 'I miss school' syndrome yet. I feel that I'm not a good student ha ha ha and based on my internship experiences, I prefer working life. But now that I'm not an intern anymore, let's see how things go. Oh yes, rehearsals for Mahler's Symphony No. 2 has begun. Oh my word, can I just say that I totally suck at classical singing now LOL. It's been 2 years of not doing any choral/classical singing so I feel like I really lost touch with everything related to classical singing. I can't get my head voice into the right space where I can hold the notes confidently and steadily, and I used to do that comfortably sigh. What's happening?! It's been fun though, I miss classical singing a lot. One thing I adore is the harmonies in choral singing. Nothing brings me more satisfaction than to hear the perfect blend of harmonies that just spins and dances, bringing a different texture and color to the audience. My heart is happy but can my voice pls let me sing better!! Hahahha. There were many familiar faces, I recognized quite a few who sang with me for Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 two years ago. So many of them are such great classical singers and I melt every time I hear them sing. Too good! I always think of this.. "What if I had gone all out for classical singing, would I be as good as them?" Posted by wen xin at 4:06 PM
|