|
katharismós
wennaaa.bs
|
|
adulting
Thursday, August 2, 2018
25 July 2018: Captured this moment outside my workplace, love the composition and the intentional grainy effect!
Never felt this tired in the past month until these two days, my eyebags are soon going to takeover my face. (Yeah, they’re already quite bad on normal days I know sobs) I’ve been working for almost a month already, ah how time flies. Proud to say I’ve pretty much adjusted to the environment and the rather odd working hours (we start late at 10am and end later at around 8/9pm). I feel rather sad that I can’t exactly have dinner plans with friends anymore. Just this monday I rushed to meet up with ex-colleagues and by the time I reached the restaurant, it was their last order already. I've been wanting to meet this friend up for dinner.. guess what - it's been almost 2 months and we still haven't met up. Sad.
Workload has been increasing rather exponentially the past week, and my to-do list seems to be never-ending. It’s always a mad rush everyday to get things done, in Singapore it’s all about speed and efficiency isn't it? We impatiently tap our feet if the lift is taking too long, we sigh when we wait 10 minutes for a bus to arrive. No slack for this society, and I see it taking a toll on me AGAIN. I observe the same pattern when I was on my internships and now - my walking pace becomes significantly faster (some already complain my normal walking pace is too fast for them) and my patience and tolerance for bs is getting lower. This speed of life, ah I hope it won't be like this for the rest of my life. Ok back to work - For a newbie that came in for a month, I think I’m doing pretty well honestly. I’m handling and able to accomplish at least 70% of what I’m supposed to do, when a newbie usually takes 2 months to settle down.
But I definitely feel like a robot more and more each day. Doing the same things. Over and over again. I guess that’s what I kinda dislike about working in a corporate environment - what’s the big picture? Everything is SO decentralized and partitioned that it’s so easy to lose meaning in what you do. Once you’ve learnt everything you need to, what’s next? Been thinking a whole lot since I started working life. I think my rant will be endless, I shall save my thoughts for another post. I’m just so glad that I can turn to music/arts to keep my sanity. One area that’s under-appreciated in Singapore, but it keeps my soul alive for at least for that few hours everyday after work to remind myself why I am human - my dreams and passion.
**EDIT (2/8/18): Today is officially the most tiring day so far. So much for telling myself that I will leave earlier today LOL. Today was just.. everything bad that could've happened, it did. SO much to clear today, it was insane. I get super cranky after 8pm honestly - I start talking rubbish and incoherence is my new language. Ended work at 10pm today. It's almost midnight now, gonna get some sleep. Posted by wen xin at 12:18 AM
|